[Edu-sig] Searching for volunteers to user test PyPI.org

Nicole Harris nicole at pypi.org
Fri Jun 28 02:46:10 EDT 2019

Hi folks,

My name is Nicole - I work on PyPI.org, which is the principal repository
for sharing Python packages.

I am searching for new Pythonistas to help me user test some new security
features on the website - specifically enabling/disabling two factor
authentication.

The point of these tests is to make sure that the new PyPI interfaces are
easy to understand for people who are *not* experienced PyPI.org users.

Things needed to participate:

- An internet connection that is fast enough to be able to share screens
- A smart phone on which we can install a TOTP application (most Androids
or iPhones should work just fine)
- 30 minutes to donate to the PyPI team

Things *not* needed to participate:

- Experience using PyPI.org (in fact, the less experience, the better)
- An active PyPI account (we can set this up during the test)
- Python experience

If this is interesting to you, or members of your community, please sign up
here: calendly.com/nlhkabu/pypi

Thanks for your time!
Nicole