[Edu-sig] Migrating edu-sig to Mailman3/HyperKitty

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:39:32 EDT 2019

What say we migrate edu-sig to mm3?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Victor Stinner* <vstinner at redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Subject: [Python-Dev] python-ideas and python-dev migrated to Mailman
3/HyperKitty
To: python-dev <python-dev at python.org>

Hi,

Our kind postmasters Mark Sapiro and Abhilash Raj migrated
python-ideas and python-dev mailing lists from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3
(running on Python 3 ;-))!

You can now enjoy HyperKitty, the new web UI to access the mailing lists:
   https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/
and
   https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/

Enhancements:

* Ability to post an email directly on the web UI (open a new topic or
reply to an existing topic)
* Nicer "archives": profile photo (gravatar), thread view
* New "Most Active" and "Most Popular" views of mailing lists
* Statistics (note: it seems like stats on python-dev are not computed yet)
* Single login/password to subscribe to multiple Python mailing lists
* Simpler UI to subscribe/unsubscribe
* More reliable "permalink" URLs to emails
* And more!

Many lists already migrated: speed, capi-sig, python-committers, etc.

All lists hosted by Mailman3:
https://mail.python.org/archives/

--

There are also http://discuss.python.org/ and
https://python.zulipchat.com/ to discuss Python ;-)

Victor
%(web_page_url)slistinfo/%(_internal_name)s
Unsubscribe: %(user_optionsurl)s