[Edu-sig] Open space @ PyCon

Rae Krantz krantzrs8 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:07:58 EDT 2018

Hi! I think I'm doing this right - we will find out.

Things I was in charge of and updates!

1) teacher training at pyohio. It is too late to get this added, due to
venue space restrictions. Let's plan ourt the next few conferences to
target at our next meet.

2) speaking of meets, what days usually work best for people? Please reply
with the days you have available evenings. Will likely set something up for
830pmEST. If you are in a time zone this wouldn't work for give a shout and
we'll adapt as we go.
As a recap, we should meet monthly to continue momentum.

3) I have officially joined a board of advisors for an Akron high school
tech track. I am happy to share how that goes as it progresses, and be a
resource to emulate what Akron is doing in other locales. This is a bit of
an experiment here, spearheaded by United Way, so here's hoping it is a
demonstrable success. Would love to keep this and similar things (like
TEALS) as consistent discussion items in our meets.

Next steps on the above (from my perspective):
1) reach out to regional python confs about adding teacher trainings
2) lay groundwork for what a teacher training at a conf would look like

Great meeting you all, looking forward to making some moves.

Rae