[Edu-sig] What do folks think of creating a #python-k12 channel on freenode?

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue May 15 00:29:28 EDT 2018

I think each of those platforms caters to different sets of users.

It all depends on who you want to talk with.

I find that an IRC chat is nice to have for casual conversation.

For instance, if we had a website we could embed the chatroom with the
following iframe:

<iframe
src="http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23python-k12&uio=MTY9dHJ1ZSYyPXRydWUmOT10cnVlJjExPTI4Nwee"
width="647" height="400"></iframe>

Or one could reach it directly thru a link
<http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23python-k12&uio=MTY9dHJ1ZSYyPXRydWUmOT10cnVlJjExPTI4Nwee>.

More fancy clients are available as well as bridges.

I'm not in capacity to provide hosting for a hosted solution, but what
we have now is quite usable.

That said, I will take a look at Zulip, sounds pretty cool.

Regards,

Sebastian