[Edu-sig] What to teach: sorting algorithms vs OOP?

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Thu Aug 16 16:28:29 EDT 2018

One of my most memorable classes was Introduction to Algorithms.

Not because I have ever needed to implement a linked list, but because
it opened my eyes to a much larger field of knowledge than just
knowing language syntax.

I went into the class wondering what could I possibly learn?  I left
knowing the possibilities are endless.