[Edu-sig] What to teach: sorting algorithms vs OOP?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:52:36 EDT 2018

OUTPUT:

By volume: [Tetrahedron(v=1), Cube(v=3), Octahedron(v=4),
Cuboctahedron(v=20)]
By name:   [Cube(v=3), Cuboctahedron(v=20), Octahedron(v=4),
Tetrahedron(v=1)]

===

Here's a Jupyter Notebook version of my posting from this morning:

https://github.com/4dsolutions/SAISOFT/blob/master/OrderingPolys.ipynb

I'll test it out with my adult Python students this evening.  We've been
looking at sorting and lambda expressions.

Diving into Polyhedrons as a topic, without actually rendering them, would
be frustrating.

Fortunately, I've already got rendering backends implemented, going back
some decades.

http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/cp4e.html

When it comes to merging math with OOP, I think Polyhedrons look very
promising.