[Edu-sig] some new open source Python writing (Jupyter Notebooks)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 12:05:37 EDT 2017

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Charles Cossé <ccosse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kirby,
> Thanks for sharing that.  Why do you call the GitHub repo "Python5"?
> -Charles

Greetings Charles.

Back when I was working for O'Reilly School of Tech, since closed, we
taught Python courses 1-4.  There was some talk of adding another level, as
we hadn't touched this or that topic (e.g. asyncio, descriptors, using
yield to send in...).

I created a "Python5" repo to dink around with stuff we might add.

Maybe in a decade or so, Python itself will catch up with the 5.x series.
:-D