[Edu-sig] Browser-based instruction

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:58:33 EDT 2017

Hi, educators,

I'm thinking of teaching classes at our public library for folks who may or
may not own their own computers.  To that end, I'm trying to figure out the
best way to provide them a hosted Python environment.

The platform of my dreams would

- Let them write and keep their scripts long-term
- Allow installation of packages from PyPI
- Not restrict outgoing web traffic - for instance, consuming web APIs is
great for student projects, but many online environments restrict that use

I don't know what's the closest to my dreams, but if anybody has relevant
experience, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

--
- Catherine