[Edu-sig] Guest Teach Professional Python

Peter Farrell funcalculus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 11:30:19 EDT 2017

Hello to the group!

I'm an instructor at JobTrain, a non-profit vocational training company
that's been in Menlo Park near East Palo Alto for over 50 years. We have
construction and medical programs, but I teach Web skills (HTML, CSS, JS).
I also prepare them to pass the Salesforce Admin certification exam. I've
had 4 students pass it in the last 2 weeks!

While introducing programming I always throw in a good amount of Python,
but my skills are limited to lots of graphics (Processing) and some Flask.
A few cohorts ago (before I started) some Pythonistas came in and taught a
week of Python skills: "back end development" was the only description I
got.

If anybody could come in for a day or two, or a week to teach some
Professional Python skills I'd tweet the heck out of it, and the Culinary
Arts program would provide lunch for you every day!

Would love to hear from anybody interested.

Peter Farrell
peter at farrellpolymath.com