[Edu-sig] Excel losing out to open source?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:40:02 EST 2017

I know in my own Python classes I talk about the power of a pandas
dataframe as like having a spreadsheet and a database object combined, in a
container you get to program around, in Python.  What in Office is like
that?

There's an shift away from spreadsheets as the cornerstone of data analysis
perhaps?

The JP Bader link goes to further discussion.  Also check Chipy archives.

Kirby

Culling from Chipy (open archive):