[Edu-sig] Python + JS == more than their sum()

Adam Morris amorris at mistermorris.com
Sun Nov 27 07:12:25 EST 2016

It depends on whether or not we are wishing to teach future computer scientists, in which case having a stack with different languages makes sense.
However, in a general education middle school and high school context, where we are not assuming that, I think we should stick with one language to standardize upon, with other options being considered a “challenge” (and not the default). The IB Diploma Program asks students to write in pseudo-code, which is an awful lot like Python.