[Edu-sig] Thonny, a new IDE for teaching programming

Al Sweigart al at inventwithpython.com
Sun Mar 6 17:23:53 EST 2016

How does it compare to Philip Guo's Python Tutor?
http://www.pythontutor.com/ I really like how this tool can trace forwards
and backwards through the program.

Also, less popular is a tool I wrote for visualizing how expressions get
evaluated. It's called ShowEval: http://inventwithpython.com/showeval/

(Repo at https://github.com/asweigart/showeval )

-Al