[Edu-sig] Research on best language to use for teaching beginners

Andrew Harrington aharrin at luc.edu
Fri Oct 2 21:00:06 CEST 2015

Good point on order of keyword introduction affecting ease.  I agree with
yours, though having introduced functions first allows me to show how to
use return to short-circuit a loop without having to add the extra syntax
of break so early.

Dr. Andrew N. Harrington
  Computer Science Department
  Graduate Program Director gpd at cs.luc.edu
  Loyola University Chicago
  529 Lewis Towers, 111 E. Pearson St. (Downtown)
  417 Cudahy Science Hall (Rogers Park campus)
http://www.cs.luc.edu/~anh
Phone: 312-915-7982
Fax:    312-915-7998
aharrin at luc.edu (as professor, not gpd role)