[Edu-sig] more thoughts on diversity...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 01:53:45 CET 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 7:40 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Continuing my thinking above, I do like that this superbowl commercial
> escaped most criticism, other than an earlier version has been on the
> Internet a long time so it wasn't actually novel.

A link would have helped I think:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/02/01/always-super-bowl-2015-commercial-redefining-throw-like-a-girl/
http://youtu.be/XjJQBjWYDTs

A lot of us Facebooked an earlier version of this promo earlier.

Background comments:  I'm interested in commercials, advertising, which of
course bleeds over into propaganda of all types, memetics, and so on.  Many
of us are.  To put it casually:  some of us watch the superbowl, with a
hundred million viewers, to see what the paid-for messages will be, with
the game a way of attracting attention to them.  Others of us care about
the game.  I'd say it depends on the game, the most recent one noteworthy
(I live in Seahawks country, but congratulations Boston).