[Edu-sig] Reeborg's World: quick Python tutorial

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:57:45 CEST 2014

Reeborg's world (http://reeborg.ca/world.html) currently supports Python,
Javascript and CoffeeScript as programming language.  It is my intention to
add more languages if possible - provided I can find a transpiler written
in Javascript to convert from language X to Javascript so that everything
can run entirely in the browser.

I *will* write a slow-pace Python tutorial  so that absolute beginners will
be able to learn programming using Python in Reeborg's world, like many
have done using rur-ple, the desktop version.   In the meantime, I have
written a super-quick Python tutorial for people that already know how to
program but do not know Python.   (My intention is to write such quick
tutorials for every language supported by Reeborg's world; of course Python
had to be first!)

I would *really* appreciate if any of you could have a look at
http://reeborg.ca/quick_python.html and give me feedback as to what should
be added/modified in order to give a good overview of Python to non-Python
programmers.

Cheers,

André