[Edu-sig] PyconUK education track

Kirby Urner kurner at oreillyschool.com
Sun Sep 29 05:31:36 CEST 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Nicholas H.Tollervey <ntoll at ntoll.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a write-up (one of many, but it's mine) about the PyconUK 2013
> education track for teachers, students and developers that happened
> last weekend:
>
> http://ntoll.org/article/pyconuk2013-roundup
>
> It was a great success and a lot of fun was had by all..!
>
> Here's to more of the same next year.
>
> N.

Most interesting blog post.  I watched all the videos and passed along
the info in my own blog, with a link back to your post:

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2013/09/pythonuk-2013.html

I wonder how this "STEM ambassador" role is being spun.

Were the Bank of America people "STEM ambassadors" or would that
be more like a parent who wanted to volunteer, and had some background
in technology?

Is the role catching on in UK parlance?

Looks like an engaging event.  I hope I get there some year.