[Edu-sig] PYTHON for audio processing

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Mon Sep 16 20:44:09 CEST 2013

Hi Sundeep -

I don't know anything about the MFCC, DTW, or ANN algorithms you mentioned.
I would have to guess that they do some kind of transformation to frequency domain as a first stage, and probably use something like the FFT. The numpy (Numeric Python) package provides FFT and other accelerated numeric capabilities. You should take a look at it.

As far as HTK goes, if it is a library written in C/C++ with a C interface, supplied as a DLL or shared object library, and you have C programming experience, you could use the Python ctypes module and create your own Python interface to it that way, without having to write any C code. Just a thought.

David H