[Edu-sig] Big thanks to Naomi Ceder for putting together the EDU Summit!

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 05:25:21 CET 2013

I can honestly say that it was my pleasure... this realized a dream I'd had
for a few years. Look for some new developments from the summit, and let's
keep up the contacts with all facets of the Python/education communities.

And yes, I am planning to do it again next year, so if you attended please
give me your feedback, please consider joining us in Montreal next April,
let me know of others who would be good to invite to such a summit, and
consider if you'd like to help out on some aspect or other.

Also, I'm planning on writing up a post mortem of the summit, which I will
of course share with everyone.

Cheers,
Naomi

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Andrew Harrington <aharrin at luc.edu> wrote:

> +1
> Andy
>

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Jeff Elkner <jeff at elkner.net> wrote:
>
>> We all owe a big thank you to Naomi Ceder for all the work she put in
>> organizing the EDU Summit.  After spending years at Pycons meeting
>> with the between 5 and 10 people at the conference interested in
>> Python in Education over a dinner, it was exciting indeed to see 90+
>> people this year.
>>
>> Thanks, Naomi!
>>
>> jeff elkner
>>

> --
> Dr. Andrew N. Harrington
>   Computer Science Department
>   Loyola University Chicago
> Lakeshore office in the Math Department: 104 Loyola Hall
> http://www.cs.luc.edu/~anh
> Phone: 312-915-7999
> Fax:    312-915-7998
> aharrin at luc.edu