[Edu-sig] more promoting of Python for STEM curricula

Kirby Urner kurner at oreillyschool.com
Fri Jun 7 00:37:30 CEST 2013

More promulgating of:

'Mathematics for the Digital Age and Programming in Python'

on the math-teach / Math Forum list (hosted by Drexel U)
where I'm a regular poster:

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2574824

I put it on a "syllabus" of only three books, suggesting a kernel
or core set of topics, all interconnecting:

1.  MFTDA (good 'math through programming' text book)
2.  Divided Spheres (a primer but with lots of history)
3.  King of Infinite Space (biography)

That's just to establish a 'terrain' or 'territory' in which further
curriculum writing might be done and somewhat defines my
own neighorhood as a curriculum writer, though I also do a
lot more with cellular automata and cryptography.