[Edu-sig] "dot notation" (in favor of sharing it)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 03:21:21 CEST 2012

Still going.

Ada Day posting:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Diversity] " How will [] free software be improved by being
developed by a bl ack transsexual woman ?"
To: Kÿra <kxra at fsf.org>
Cc: women at lists.fedoraproject.org, ubuntu-women at lists.ubuntu.com,
womoz at lists.womoz.org, issues at linuxchix.org, diversity at python.org,
womeninfreesoftware at gnu.org

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Kÿra <kxra at fsf.org> wrote:
> Yesterday was Ada Lovelace Day, and I wanted to bring up the types of
> views that we are up against right now. The quote in the subject line is
> one among many critical responses on Reddit to the Free Software
> Foundations post for Ada Lovelace Day.

FYI.

I wrote 'In Defense of Ada' some years ago, when a New Yorker article
(the cover article as I recall), tried to take back her "first
computer programmer" title / reputation and give it to someone else (a
guy).

http://www.grunch.net/synergetics/adaessay.html

The kind of diversity I work on most is attracting more non-English
speakers to open source / free software.  This includes many women of
course.

Kirby