[Edu-sig] Problem with Python in Windows

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:08:18 CET 2012

Greeting Jackie:

Python's IDLE talks to itself over 127.0.0.1 and sometimes antivirus
software can police that circuit.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8588025/unable-to-load-idle-python-gui

I do suggest an experiment where you shut off any antivirus / policing
software you can think of, just temporarily.

If that does prove to be the problem, must antivirus software has ways
to allow exceptions.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3277946/no-idle-subprocess-connection

Also try booting Python with the -n switch per advice in the above post.

Kirby