[Edu-sig] gender-specific Python training; link to MathFuture

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 04:31:14 CEST 2012

Portland's Python community is experimenting with some more
gender-specific Python training, geared for noobs:

http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/events/66193362/

Michelle Rowley, newly sired into the PSF (my nominee), has a full
house already and a 2nd such event is in the planning stage.

Over on MathFuture (a Google group), I've been bringing up
'Mathematics for the Digital Age' as exemplary again.

Lets see how good Google is at finding an example:  << verdict:  it's
too soon, no web crawling yet >>

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mathfuture/-_X2NzprDhs/kkZTtc46SzkJ
 (thread in progress)

math-thinking-l, on the other hand, seems dead as a door nail.

I guess they like it that way, those Scheme people.