[Edu-sig] Thoughts about upgrading our python.org page

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 07:27:50 CET 2012

Proposal to upgrade:

http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/edu-sig/

Probably it's time to mention some new projects.  Examples:

http://www.pythontutor.com/

http://www.skulpt.org/

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

http://arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Python

That's not meant to be an exhaustive list.  I notice there's no
mention of Sugar, which is old news by now:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar

Note that all of these are on the same level.

Ipython

http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/teaching-with-ipynb-2.html

Fitting all these into a new narrative might take awhile.

I think edu-sig would be a great page on which to exercise diplomacy
in the sense of linking to similar pages devoted to other languages.

We are sympathetic to Mathematica, not averse.  Also to J and Haskell,
no question.  These are great projects, open or no.

We do advertise the advantages of open without apology, but that
doesn't require withholding admiration for some closed source
projects.  We're not bigots.