[Edu-sig] edu-sig in Pythonia

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:41:24 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM, DeanG <goodmansond at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Regarding the  Args Kwargs, Matt Harrisons "Guide to: Learning Python
> Decorators" was a great read for this topic.
> http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Learning-Python-Decorators-ebook/dp/B006ZHJSIM

I'm quite tempted to buy a Kindle.  I had no idea there was a whole Kindle
book on decorators.

Yes, decorators would have to be another one of those Standard Gotta Have
It track talks we edu-siggers are focused on.

ArgsKwags, IterStuff, Decorators, Metaclasses, Introspection... Dialectical
Differences

Library:  talks always welcome, standard usergroup fare (Portland's groups
always has Module of the Month)

3rd party:  IDEs (e.g. I-Python), VIsualization (e.g. Blender, VPython,
Pygame, matplotlib). Web (Django, web2py, Google App Engine)

Python plays well with others, so a lot of Design Patterns stuff relating
to OO in general would could push off to those OSCON type events where we
have Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, C++ all under one big tent.

There should be like OO track topics that don't count against the Python
quota, if ya know what I mean.