[Edu-sig] Teaching GUI's in Python?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:28:18 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Andrew Harrington <aharrin at luc.edu> wrote:
> Is anyone trying to modernize the code to work with more modern versions of
> the supporting packages?  Sad to still see Arthur's email address still on
> the home page so many years after his death.

I've seen estates keep email and Facebook pages alive for ancestors.
My work for the Oversight Committee of my local Meeting (religious)
has been to get those questions added to our "Wishes Upon Death" form
(i.e. what shall we do with your Flickr Photostream?  Most would want
theirs kept alive I expect).

"Deceased" needs to be just one more status on Facebook, akin to "in a
relationship".

As for Arthur's code, I think it's a time capsule for a future time
when the set of those into projective geometry (ala Klein), and the
set of those into Python (ala us), is not so close to the null set.

The way the Venn Diagrams look today, it appears some trend towards
hyper-specialization brought us close to the brink.   Good thing we've
reversed that trend, and not a moment too soon.