[Edu-sig] Anyone interested in discussing the turtle module?

Jeff Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Tue May 31 22:59:37 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I'm working on an introductory CS book using Python with the turtle
module, but I'm finding the inability of turtle.Screen() to take
screen size arguments to be a real pain.  The screen size appears to
depend on the screen size of the host environment, which means
standardizing screen shots for the book becomes impossible.

Any thoughts on this issue?  It would be a huge help in promoting
Python's use in education if we could make use of such a potentially
fine module as the turtle module, but I'm finding it very difficult to
write curriculum materials that use it since students don't have
control over the turtle's screen in any easy to use way.

Thanks!

jeff elkner
open book project
http://openbookproject.net