[Edu-sig] Anyone interested in discussing the turtle module?

Jeff Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Thu Jun 2 14:05:55 CEST 2011

Hi Edward,

The book is licensed under the GNU/FDL and is available here:

http://www.openbookproject.net/thinkcs

I'm very familiar with Turtle Art, since a college intern working with
me last Summer did a Sugar to Gnome port of it, which in now in the
debian repositories:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=turtleart

This Summer we will work to get that into Fedora.

While as a classroom teacher I'm a huge fan of turtle art, Python's
own turtle module is the tool of choice for my current intro college
leve textbook project, since it runs on all major platforms and is
part of the Python standard library.

Thanks!

jeff elkner
open book project