[Edu-sig] (egyptian fractions...) the turtle part: chaos.py

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Wed Jun 1 23:52:57 CEST 2011

Am 01.06.2011 22:52, schrieb kirby urner:

> Hey Jeff, your question about controlling the turtle's screen
> might have been just the ticket in my attempts to control
> chaos, namely G. Lingl's chaos.py, which demonstrates
> sensitivity to initial conditions is a plus if you want your
> algebra to stay on the same page as itself, per equalities
> that won't be equal in the real world.  I'm hoping to throw
> that into site-packages on the back end at OST, along with
> all those baseball stats in SQL.  It's all done with turtles
> (Gregor's thing) and is brilliant, here's a link:
>
> http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/python/OST/chaos.py

Hi Kirby,

it's fine that you "host" a slightly amended version of chaos.py
on your website.

The original file is part of the demo that ships with Python and
the turtledemo has been moved into  the Lib-directory of the
standard distribution.

Some of these demo-scripts suffer from (more or less minor :-) )
quirks or deficiencies and could be amended in this or that way.

I think that such amendments should go into Python 3.3. So if
you or anybody else have any ideas, complaints or - as shown here -
propositions or results, please let's discuss them, so the turtledemo
can obtain not only a demo- but also an enhaced educational value.

Best regards

Gregor