[Edu-sig] UnitTest?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 17:47:24 CET 2011

Yeah these are both good suggestions.

It's fun to throw maybe one or two examples of unittest into the mix, maybe
already written (so-called scaffolding).

But unless it's a course about programming / development and nothing more,
flogging unittest (aka PyUnit) might seem too much of a detour.

In the OST course, there's some doctest towards the end of Python 1, with
unittest the main opening topic of Python 2 (which also includes using MySQL
as a back end and the Tk GUI was a front end).

In a more purely math-oriented course, I still think of Sqlite as a great
place to stash polyhedrons in relational tables.  VPython is still my
favorite library for geometry topics, though I'm still a big fan of POV-Ray
after all these years.

http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/numeracy0.html

http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/pymath.html

Kirby