[Edu-sig] IDLE not highlighting current line while debugging on Win

Jurgis Pralgauskis jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:47:43 CEST 2010

Hi,
does anyone else bothers that, IDLE donesn't show highlighted current
line on windows (tested XP with python 2.5, Vista with 3.1.2)
on Ubuntu (py 2.6) it is ok.

of course, I do select "Source" checkbox.
on windows  the grey highlighting only appears when I doubleclick on
Stack Trace last line (but not always works) ,
and on next "step" dissapears again
This is some redraw misunderstanding I guess (though I layout windows
of debug / shell /editor not to overlap)

the yellow -- breakpoint highligting works ok..

ps.: so I workaround using
http://people.csail.mit.edu/pgbovine/python/
for teaching tracing on win

pps.: