[Edu-sig] ondrag with turtle module

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Sat Nov 13 12:25:54 CET 2010

Hello,

I posted this on the main python list, but some of you have used turtle extensively and may know what my problem is.  I am trying to get the turtle to respond to the mouse.

I am on 2.6 on Mac OSX (Enthought distribution).  The following code:

import turtle

turtle.reset()
turtle.speed(0)
turtle.ondrag(turtle.goto)
turtle.pendown()

running it in ipython brings up a window, but clicking, dragging, or anything like that doesn't move the turtle or draw anything.  running it in just plain python brings up the window, but it instantly closes.  I added:  turtle.mainloop()

which keeps the window open, but the clicking or dragging still doesn't move the turtle or update the window in any way.

am I doing something wrong?

		thanks,

					bb
--