[Edu-sig] open source admin in academia? (editorial)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 02:29:57 CEST 2010

It frequently happens that the Computer Science Dept. uses Free
Software for almost everything, and everybody else uses proprietary
software. CS can't talk to the others effectively, because they are
"just geeks". I have more hope for elementary schools.

There are exceptions, such as Moodle.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/