[Edu-sig] blogged mention of Ed Cherlin, MFTDA

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 00:59:07 CEST 2010

Hey Ed, your name goes by in my (eclectic, all over the map) blog post
of today, thought I'd give you a heads up.

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2010/04/wheeling-dealing.html

I know my suggestion to Mike D that he get involved in compiling APL
for the XO didn't go anywhere (yet) -- that seemed a tad esoteric even
for him.  Either way, I consider you kindred spirits.

Also, I do these photo-collages or tableaus as I sometimes call 'em.

In yesterday's, I included Math for the Digital Age in tandem with A
Love of Discovery, a work in the contructivist tradition.

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2010/04/first-person-physics.html **

I learned from my meeting with Bob that VPython is now being
maintained from North Carolina State (not Carnegie Mellon).

http://www.ncsu.edu/PER/

Kirby

**
For more information (mentions meeting with Dr. Bob Fuller):

"""
Dr. Fuller is a student of Dr. Robert Karplus when it comes
educational theory and techniques. A Love of Discovery sits in my
living room on the "time capsule" (semi-cylindrical shelves) between a
book by Linus Pauling and Wolfram's thick tome.
"""

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2010/04/back-in-97214.html