[Edu-sig] thought re graphing calculators ...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 04:20:46 CEST 2009

There's this option too, some others:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

Then Sage actually has 3D stuff too e.g.:

sage.plot.plot3d.platonic.cube(center=(0, 0, 0), size=1, color=None,
frame_thickness=0, frame_color=None, **kwds)

to render a 3D cube centered at the origin with default side lengths 1
(how very retro Cartesian eh?).

As a vendor of curriculum products (including workshops, other gigs)
I'm up front about my suspicion of calculators, not the technology so
much as the curricula built around them.  Lazy and complacent are the
two words that come to mind.  Not something you'd wish on your own
children.

Kirby