[Edu-sig] thought re graphing calculators ...

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 06:04:30 CEST 2009

2009/9/27 Charles Cossé <ccosse at gmail.com>:
> Hi, this has probably been discussed to death already, but maybe not: The
> point at which fancy graphing calculators become "necessary" (ie as in one's
> student career) is the point at which the calculator should be abandoned and
> Python employed.  Just a thought ... delete at will !

I'm using Turtle Art as an intermediate step. I have a Turtle Art
program to put up a pair of axes, with one programmable tile for a
Python expression for the function to graph. We have a TA to Logo
translation, and we could build a TA to Python translation. Or we
could show the students how to copy and paste the Python for the tiles
in the TA program to make a Python program, again with a replaceable
function.

http://earthtreasury.org/