[Edu-sig] no education in Pycon 2010 talks

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Tue Nov 3 21:08:59 CET 2009

Andy,

As I recall, there weren't many education directed talk proposals this
year (in fact, I don't recall seeing any).

I hope that the advent of poster sessions <PLUG>(see
http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/posters/) will add some opportunity
for educational content. I would strongly encourage (beg, wheedle,
plead, etc) the readers of this list to present a poster on an education
topic, or a virtual poster, if you can't make it to Atlanta. We also are
hoping for virtual posters from students, so encourage any bright
(and/or video minded) students to come up with something. </PLUG>

The idea of a PyWhip mini-sprint is kinda attractive, if we can find a
time to do it, since I can't stay for the sprints this year either.

Cheers,
Vern

Andrew Harrington wrote:
> Looks like an interesting collection of talks for Pycon 2010, but I do
> not see a single talk that I recognize as coming from the educational
> community.  (Am I wrong?)  The only place I know where this is listed is
> http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/proposals/status/#accepted
> which is likely only viewable by those on the program committee.
> Is the educational community coming?  What we do informally outside the
> talks is usually the biggest thing.  I am interested in a session/sprint
> generating stuff for PyWhip, but I can't stay after the regular
> conference time.
>
> I have gone every year for many years, but I need a bit of motivation to
> go this year.
>
> --
> Andrew N. Harrington
>  Director of Academic Programs