[Edu-sig] PDF geometry animations (ReportLab?) - and turtle module

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue May 19 00:15:57 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:53 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fuller tending to accept any contribution (he'd circulate a box after
> some lectures, take home a pile of student papers) and then toss the
> results to the world as leaflets out the back of his choo choo, while
> running for president of Design Science Incorporated.  He was open
> sourcing and patenting at the same time, playing FOSS boss and IP
> king.  Quite the Dymaxion Clown act.

We need more of him.

> He alienated some people with this style of showmanship, but Fuller
> himself thought only an express train could work at this time, people
> could go back later and put the pieces together, so he made a lot of
> detailed notes (now warehoused in Stanford University) and we have
> puzzle assemblers crawling through it, putting together (computing)
> all kinds of new stories.

Is anybody working on getting this material online and inviting the
world to crawl it and create new stories? I know some people in
Science Commons who would like to talk to you about such a thing. I
suspect that there are people and organizations about who would like
to fund such a project.

> Kirby

And Children are my nation.