[Edu-sig] Jsoftware, PDF geometry animations (ReportLab?)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:19:38 CEST 2009

Speaking of function args, this recent thread with another guy in
Canada (you know him Andre?). :)

You'll find me writing about J going way back in this very archive,
more recently joined by Ed Cherlin in singing its praises.

For those of you looking for a way cool use of Python's ReportLab, I
so far have permission to release this one example "PDF flipbook"
showing how geometry concepts might be communicated using this simple
animation technique:

http://www.4dsolutions.net/presentations/pdf_animation_by_ron_resch.pdf

I've been sharing this as a teaser with Software Association of Oregon
as well, knowing Ron has a lot more where that came from (I'm suppose
to download a half-gig PDF next time in Pauling House for a bored er
board meeting).

Kirby