[Edu-sig] xturtle robocode idea?!

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Tue Mar 17 06:40:42 CET 2009

Jurgis Pralgauskis schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I've been searching around for python analogue of robocode...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocode
>
> I found just some unfinished experiments
>
> but then I thought xturte should be ideal for this:
> - supors 2d movement :)
> - supports multiple turtles
> - has ontimer event as well as onkey
> (http://xturtle.rg16.at/code/xtx_games/xtx_spaceship.py)
>
> maybe smb has tried or wants to try to make little framework for this?

Hi Jurgis,

I'll look at this in the evening, or at most tomorrow evening.
Now I've to leave  - to go to work.

May I just point out, that xturtle now lives as turtle.py in the
standard library of Python 2.6 / Python 3.0

It also runs with Python 2.5 and with very few modifications
with earlier versions back to 2.2

Best regards,
Gregor