[Edu-sig] another "must have" generator

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:58:31 CET 2009

> I've got more ideas for offering refresher numeracy courses to adults
> at the Math Forum.  A lot of the focus will be instructional game
> playing on LCDs, sometimes with real money involved, definitely
> working towards credentialing i.e. adding scores to transcripts, which
> implies access to testing centers.  The coffee shop may still be the
> best place to study, bone up for that job interview.

More context from the Math Forum:

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1887801&tstart=0

-- back to my Coffee Shops Network idea, where you get bright LCDs but
not so much of that isolated "study carrel" approach, unless you rent
one of the private rooms, like at CubeSpace.

I don't want to just focus on outreach to children, when it comes to
Pythonic Math.  What might we offer to busy adults, in addition to
Safari, Showmedo, Python 411, Python.org itself?

I wonder if PSF is aware of many "Python commercials" in the pipeline.
 Ruby seems more aggressive at self promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=528BCJiRkks

What with Monty and scary snakes, we've certainly got a strong base to
play from, if wanting to advertise.

Kirby