[Edu-sig] xturtle online via processing.js !?

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 01:18:38 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Jurgis Pralgauskis
<jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am  struggling around with interactive online py tutorials
>  with https://launchpad.net/projects/intro-to-code
> (ith might become securely sandboxed soon, as pypy made it possible
> http://blog.sandbox.lt/en/WSGI%20and%20PyPy%20sandbox  :)
>
> but one more thing is I'd like to let access xturtle functionality online
> - one possible way could be triggering tkinter to save its canvas to ps,
> and then convert them with imagemagic and show via web (animated gif or static)

There's probably a better way: use the html canvas.  I tried to
implement a turtle module to be embedded with Crunchy
(http://code.google.com/p/crunchy) - it is available as a demo
experimental feature.  You could use this as a starting point if you
want.

André