[Edu-sig] New APL

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:04:58 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> An old friend, ex-IBM, ex-Wall Street, is working on a new Open Source
> APL which he and I intend to get into the Sugar education software for
> OLPC. I can't tell you any more than that until he puts code out for
> the public to test.

That's good news Ed.  APL was the first computer language I fell in love
with.  FORTRAN was "grin and bear it" in contrast.

Mike D. at Duke's Landing (a site for experimental events on my circuit)
does much of his production work with an XO.  I met up with him yesterday at
our Laughing Horse Books & Videos collective.[1][2]

Next I will post you something on the Global Warming thread on the
Wikieducator list.

Kirby

[1] From my journal:
http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2009/12/portland-notes.html
[2] http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2009/11/think-tank-techniques.html

> --
> Edward Mokurai (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر ج) Cherlin
> http://www.earthtreasury.org/

>>> from mars import math
http://www.wikieducator.org/Digital_Math