[Edu-sig] IDLE fonts

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 21:19:22 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:44 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> We mostly focus on the relevant mathematics such as how does when
> beget rotation among a nest of vectors, but instead of silly
> hamster-brained calculators (such as those from Texas Instruments) we
> use real computers running Python (such as those from
> Hewlett-Packard).

Apropos of this, I've linked to my Chicago talk on the Pycon channel
from edu-sig before, but this ShowMeDo version isn't entirely
redundant, in that it's a sharper encoding, higher bandwidth than on
YouTube:

http://tinyurl.com/5kveyb

It's the sixth in my Python for Math Teachers series, contains
proposals for juggling more technology skills without losing sight of
the relevant abstractions.

A related recent posting (got some good feedback off list, more public
discussion would be welcome):

http://mail.geneseo.edu/pipermail/math-thinking-l/2008-July/001278.html