[Edu-sig] graphics on mac

Michael H. Goldwasser goldwamh at slu.edu
Fri Jan 18 18:53:50 CET 2008

Hello Felicia,

  We have recently released a package named cs1graphics that is
  specifically designed for educational use.  It is publicly available
  at http://www.cs1graphics.org, along with documentation and a
  tutorial.  We think it would be very approachable for 5th graders
  and I'd be interested to get feedback if you try it out.

  As for technical requirements, it is based upon Tkinter.  For 10.4
  you should be able to download our package and use it directly with
  the Python 2.3.5 that comes on your system.  Earler versions of OS X
  included Tkinter as well, but it was not directly supported from
  within aqua;  instead it could be run from an xterm if X11 were
  installed.

With regard,
Michael Goldwasser