[Edu-sig] interactive python tutorial online (as tryruby)

Jurgis Pralgauskis jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 19:43:30 CET 2008

>> maybe smb knows of similar initiatives  ?

googling around found
http://www.python-visual-sandbox.de/

another thing which I am curiuos about -- visualization:
python is quite visual itself, but for CS intro its quite common to
use flowcharts

there's nice tool for two-way software Visustin (free demo)
http://www.aivosto.com/visustin/sample/gcd-python.html

one way: weird flowchart -> py (opensource)
http://www.pygame.org/project/355/

also something similar to flowcharts - Vision  (seems kind of opensource)
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/packages/vision

does anybody know of py -> flowchart (opensource)?
I imagine it could be done with ast module
similary as
http://blog.prashanthellina.com/2007/11/14/generating-call-graphs-for-understanding-and-refactoring-python-code/
or http://pycallgraph.slowchop.com/