[Edu-sig] Easy to read textbook, objects first

Michael H. Goldwasser goldwamh at slu.edu
Wed Aug 13 00:38:54 CEST 2008

Hello Earl,

  Definitely take a look at Object-Oriented Programming in Python
  written by myself and David Letscher.

  It is the only Python text that supports a truly object-oriented
  approach at an introductory level.  We wrote it for our CS1 course
  at SLU after failing to find an existing Python textbook that fit
  such a style.

  The pace of the book should be manageable at the high-school level
  (although, later chapters offer greater depth). I hope that the
  language and writing style will suit your students.

With regard,
Michael