[Edu-sig] College Board Cuts CS AP

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 02:13:11 CEST 2008

Anyway I prefer an arrangement where high schools collaborate
locally with various higher ed venues, such that instead of AP,
we get actual college credit in the name of some institution, for
approved courses (basically college courses for credit offered to
those still in high school but qualified to accomplish college level
work).

Then those hard earnings turn into transfer credits if the student
in question wishes to go elsewhere e.g. out of town, for more
college (very often the case).

Logistics of transfer of credits between institutions remain a
challenge (not a new problem, many analogues) but I still prefer
that to AP, which discourages diversity, enforces uniformity,
takes a one size fits all approach.

I wouldn't like to see Python imposed from above by self-styled
know-it-alls anymore than I've liked seeing Java or C++ abused
in this way.

Kirby