[Edu-sig] python for kids...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:18:34 CEST 2007

Thanks Jason.

I'm starting a new Python gig at a local high school soon.  If you'd like an
opportunity for feedback from real students in Portland, Oregon, I'd be
happy to shoot them a declassified copy.  What's in it for them:  a new way
to learn Python while thinking critically about what's maybe working, what's
maybe not.  What's in it for you:  feedback from the front lines.

Just a thought, let me know if interested.

Details of this LEP High gig aren't completely hammered out.  My goal is to
keep it short, as I'm just looking to train in-house faculty up to
self-sufficiency (meaning they get hooked, want to study Python on their
own, don't really need me for anything).

So yeah, you might get some feedback from teachers as well.

The school runs Ubuntu laptops.

Kirby