[Edu-sig] python for kids...

Jason R Briggs jasonrbriggs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:56:14 CET 2007

Hi all

Don't know if anyone on this list has been watching my feed, but I've
made a bunch of updates to "Snake Wrangling For Kids" (partly caused by
converting it to LaTeX).  Anyway, the latest version fixes a bunch of
problems I've noticed (such as referring to functions before explaining
what functions were... sigh), and finally starts adding a few basic
exercises at the end of some of the chapters (which was suggested about
a month or so ago, I seem to recall).

In regard to the exercises, has anyone got any other suggestions for the
"Things to try" sections?  Obviously given the context of the chapters.
Code snippets gratefully received (and will be attributed in the
preamble if used).

As before, the latest download can be found here:
http://www.briggs.net.nz/log/writing/snake-wrangling-for-kids/
The LaTeX version is also a good deal smaller than the previous Word
Processor version (plus adds a nicer ToC and index).  Hope you like it.

Regards, and thanks again for prior advice,
Jason