[Edu-sig] New CS1 Textbook

Michael H. Goldwasser goldwamh at slu.edu
Tue Nov 6 18:23:45 CET 2007

Dear Colleagues,

   We are pleased to announce the release of a new textbook for the CS1 market.

      Object-Oriented Programming in Python
      by Michael H. Goldwasser and David Letscher
      Prentice Hall, 2008   (available as of 10/29/2007)

   This book is based on materials developed after switching our
   curriculum to the use of Python for an object-oriented CS1 course.
   The book differs greatly from existing Python texts as it warmly
   embraces the object-oriented nature of Python from the onset.
   It is also extremely comprehensive with solid fundamentals for a
   CS1 course as well as several "advanced" topics that can be covered
   as desired.

   More information can be found online, but feel free to contact me
   directly if you have any questions about the project.

With regard,
Michael Goldwasser

       | Michael Goldwasser                            |
       | Associate Professor                           |
       | Dept. Mathematics and Computer Science        |
       | Saint Louis University                        |
       | 220 North Grand Blvd.                         |
       | St. Louis, MO 63103-2007                      |
       | Office: Ritter Hall 6                         |
       | Email:  goldwamh at slu.edu                      |
       | Phone:  (314) 977-7039                        |
       | Fax:    (314) 977-1452                        |